Booking Terms & Conditions
How to Book
Please note that Corner house is available for a minimum of 7 nights from the beginning of May to the end of September. Changeover day is Saturday, arriving after 4pm and leaving before 10am. Outside these months, shorter stays may be possible. Please ask us for details.
If you would like to reserve Corner House (or one of our holiday cottages in France), booking is easy and direct.
To make a provisional reservation having checked the Availability chart above, please contact us either by telephone or by e-mail using the Booking Request form below. You will find our telephone number on the Enquiries/Booking Request page. Your enquiry will be dealt with promptly.
To process your booking, we ask for completion of a booking form. We will send you the form, normally by email. We also require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost to secure a booking. To give you time to send us your booking form and deposit, your provisional reservation will be held for 5 days.
Once your booking form and deposit have arrived we will acknowledge receipt immediately, either by email or by letter, with formal confirmation of your booking
The remaining 75% balance of your rent should reach us no later than 8 weeks before the start date of your holiday. This payment will be acknowledged immediately when received.
If the start date of your holiday is less than 8 weeks away, please note that you must pay the full amount of the rental at the time of booking.
Once you have paid the full amount of the rent due for your stay in Corner House, we will send you the information you need for your journey to Grinton, the timing of your arrival, and the arrangements for your access to the property.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Please note that these Terms and Conditions should be read before signing and returning the Booking Form.
- The property known as CORNER HOUSE, ("the Property") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Group Captain and Mrs N A Colman ("the Owner") to the renter ("the Client").
- To reserve the Property, the Client should telephone or e-mail to check availability and to make a provisional reservation. The Owner will provide a Booking Form for the Client to complete and return and will hold the provisional reservation for 5 days to allow time for the Booking Form to be returned.
- To confirm the booking, the Client will return the completed Booking Form and will pay the initial rental deposit of 25% of the total rent due. This deposit is not refundable. A booking made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period requires full payment of the rental due, at the time of booking.
- Following receipt of the completed Booking Form and rental payment, the Owner will send a notice of confirmation, normally by email, which is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. However, in the event of a cancellation by the Client, he/she will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- Clients should ensure that they arrange appropriate holiday insurance to cover all risks, including holiday cancellation. Once the booking has been accepted by the Owner, the Client becomes liable for payment of the full rent. If cancellation of the booking becomes necessary, the Owner will still require payment of the balance of the rent, if not already paid. If insurance cover has not been arranged, the Owner will require payment of the rent none the less. Please take into account that the small extra expense of an insurance policy will ensure that the deposit is covered, as well as the balance payment. The Owner will provide proof of any payment(s) to the Client’s insurer to facilitate a claim.
- In the event of a cancellation, the Owner will attempt to re-let the property. Subject to Clauses 2, 3 and 4, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing (e.g. late advertising) will be deducted from the refundable amount.
- The Rental Period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated, and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed FIVE (plus a baby sleeping in a travel cot).
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property, and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Rental Period. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to residents in the neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden. Arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden;
for any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner;
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period, and in any such event the Owner shall, within 7 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of, or in connection with, this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.